Selected Items[Remove All]

Available Items[Add All]



University and Work-Study Employers

Mouse   LOG IN HERE if you already have a password to submit and manage job postings and to view potential job applicants. If you have been assigned a password and you don't know what it is, or if you have forgotten your password, click here.
Work-Study (W-S) Calculator:
Do not use commas.


Enter W-S Award Amount:
Enter Rate of Pay:


Student will need to work this many hours to earn his or her full award:







If you are a hiring staff member of a University department/office OR an approved Work-Study agency and you do not have an assigned password to log into this site, CLICK HERE to request permission to log in.

Note: Only PERMANENT EMPLOYEES will be granted permission to log into this portion of the site. 
Temporary and student employees will not be granted permission. Students should visit the
U-M Students section to find and apply for jobs.

  Request If you are a non-University agency who would like to be an approved Work-Study employer, send us an e-mail explaining your request. To find out more about Work-Study, see Frequently Asked Questions for Employers.


 Important Information:

  • Fall Winter 2019-2020 Important Dates
  • Student Employment newsletters for employers now available!
  • Tip sheet for Hiring and Paying Students (PDF)
  • Minimum Wage Increase: The minimum wage for the State of Michigan increased to $9.65 per hour, effective January 1, 2020. Keep this in mind as you consider your wage rates. 
  • If you are hiring a Work-Study student:  Once you receive a job reference number (SEO Job ID), record it on the PeopleSoft Hire Page. (Once your SEO Job ID has been assigned, it will not be available for use on the PeopleSoft Hire Page until the next business day). This does not apply if the student is not a Work-Study student.
  • Create a Personnel Action Request (PAR) to hire a Work-Study student: .A Student Employment Office (SEO) Posting Number is required to do this transaction in M-Pathways. Go through HCM > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Create PAR. Check the "Add Work-Study" option box and be sure to indicate the SEO Posting Number. See the Shared Services Center documentation for how to do a PAR transaction. 
  • Federal Regulation Regarding Uncashed Checks: Universities are required to return the federal portion of a student's Work-Study earnings if a check is not cashed within 240 days of the issue date. If a student has not cashed the check or requested a new one within that timeframe, the federal portion of  earnings will be returned and the employer will be responsible for the full amount of student earnings if the student requests a new check at a later date. Please encourage your Work-Study students to cash their checks!  
  • Important Enrollment Notice: Students must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Work-Study funds.  Employers should verify that their Work-Study employees are enrolled at least half-time.  Find out more.
  • Assigned Funding Sources: To make the hiring process easier, our database allows employers to assign both Work-Study and non-Work-Study funding sources to a single job posting.  Some tips:
    • If you use both sources, base your hiring decision on a student's ability rather than whether there is a Work-Study award.
    • If you intend to hire only Work-Study students, use only that funding source so students are not discouraged.
    • Keep in mind that only students who want to work will take the time to seek work.