Join our team of dedicated and caring staff. Feel good about the work you do! Paid training and great working environments await you here at Community Alliance.
Under the direct supervision of the assigned Site Supervisor with coordination of the Human Resources
Department, the DIRECT CARE STAFF will be responsible to provide hands on services to assist people with
developmental disabilities and enhance their personal choices. Community Alliance refers to these individuals as
‘consumers of service’. All Direct Care Staff will be trained to provide very specific services to people with
developmental disabilities and will have the support of the Site Supervisors and the entire Administrative Team to
ensure they perform their essential duties and responsibilities well. This job requires Direct Care Staff to be patient,
compassionate and have a willingness to provide hands on care to a vulnerable population.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is hands on work in the community providing people with
disabilities compassionate care including the following activities, other duties may be assigned:
Direct Care Staff Responsibilities
A. Display a strong work ethic, maintain honest timesheet calculation, adhere to training requirements and
show up for shifts on time as scheduled.
B. Communicate directly with the Site Supervisor and the HR Department to ensure you understand what you
are supposed to accomplish during your work shift
C. Treat everyone with dignity and respect, this includes all people with disabilities, guardians, Community
Mental Health workers, CA administrative team, supervisors and your coworkers
D. Ensure mandated reporting of all suspected abuse, neglect and general wrong doing to and about and in
the vicinity of all people with disabilities to the Office of Recipient Rights and the Community Alliance
E. Maintain the confidentiality and protect the rights of people with developmental disabilities.
F. When asked, actively participate in Office of Recipient Rights investigations; refusal to engage the Office of
Recipient Rights is grounds for termination.
G. Provide assistance and support to individuals including but not limited to:
- a. Document all services provided to our consumers in their homes and in the community
- b. Prepare (cook) nutritious meals based on the menu, consumer preference and grocery items provided by the Site Supervisor and/or guardians
- c. Assists consumers with bathing, toileting, personal care needs and activities of daily living according to the Individualized Plan of Service and the training plan for the consumer
- d. Support the consumer with their medical needs such as but not limited to: administering medication; eating specific diet; drinking specific supplements; attending medical appointments
- e. Clean the home based on the chore chart provided at the work site and using the cleaning supplies provided
- f. Wash and dry clothes and linen with or for the consumer of record according to the Individualized plan of service and directives from the Site Supervisor
- g. Assist the consumer to participate in activities related to hobbies, occupational therapy, physical
therapy, socialization, and chose activities. (example: reading books, manicures, card games, board
games, ball games, movies, watching sports, visiting friends, shopping, knitting, looming, etc)
- h. Assist consumer with community integration goals by providing approved transportation to
meetings, worship services, and enjoyable outings when necessary.
- i. Respect the consumer’s home. Notify your supervisor when you notice something is not right,
broken, missing or destroyed.
- j. Communicate with Site Supervisor and Administration Team to ensure supplies and equipment is
available to do your job.
H. Provide CPR/1st aid and seek Emergency Medical Services (EMS) when necessary
I. Ensure all actions as an employee is done in accordance with Community Alliance policies and consistent
with the principles of self-determination
J. Use the agency vehicles for business related activity ONLY and with permission from the Supervisor and/or
Those that are interested in applying for a position, should contact Ruth Robbins, HR On-boarding specialist, for an application. Resumes can be emailed to her directly at email@example.com.