The Development Work-Study Student will offer support for key fundraising initiatives, special events, donor communications, and reports. Projects will range from special events like the Victors for the Arts Gala, fundraising initiatives like Giving BlueDay, to research/data gathering and analysis for grant reports and donor stewardship communications. In addition, this position will assist with developing and designing event invitations, ads, newsletters, and donor impact stories. Opportunities are also available in graphic design, social media, creative thinking, and/or writing/editing.
• Help with logistics and planning of special fundraising and donor stewardship events (seating charts, nametags, place cards, signage, on-site support, etc.)
• Help collect, analyze, and synthesize UMS data for Donor Communications & Development Reports.
• Assist in preparing & executing Donor marketing communications (letters, emails, stewardship reports, invitations) and content generation for email stewardship and social media fundraising campaigns.
• Assist in responding to internal and external requests of the Development Department.
• Help maintain departmental information on databases (Tessitura/Ticketing System, DART).
• Opportunities available for creativity & graphic design (paid print ads and invitation design).
• If availability allows, provide on-site staffing for Development events.
• Whenever possible, special projects will be assigned that reflect personal interests and career goals.