Work-Study jobs listed on this site are only available to U-M undergraduate and graduate students who have applied for financial aid and been awarded a Federal or State of Michigan Work-Study award. You must be enrolled at least half-time to be awarded Work-Study. Earnings from Work-Study jobs may only be used to pay for educational expenses. All non-Work-Study jobs listed on this site are available to ALL U-M students.
Note to All Students: Using this web site indicates that you understand and will abide by this disclaimer and other provisions of student employment. Beware of employment scams: Here are some tips to be safe:
- Use common sense. If a potential employer asks you to participate in an activity that makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t do it.
- Be wary of check-cashing scams. If someone asks you to deposit a check or money order into your personal account and send money to another individual, you should refuse. Don’t deposit a check or money order into your personal bank account and forward a percentage to the new employer.
- Avoid job listings that use language such as “money transfers” or “wiring funds.”
- A potential, legitimate employer will not request your bank account, credit card or Paypal account number or other information.
- Do not fax copies of your identification or Social Security number to an unknown person.
Getting an error message in your U-M Student Employment Application?
Students seeking work on campus must complete the online U-M Student Employment Application in Wolverine Access. Occasionally, students receive an error message telling them they are not authorized to continue. Generally, the student has a missing, invalid or incomplete current address on file with the University. Visit Student Business in Wolverine Access (wolverineaccess.umich.edu), navigate to Campus Personal Information > Addresses and update your information. If you have questions, contact the U-M Student Employment Office at 734-763-4128.