U-M Ann Arbor Students

There are two types of jobs listed on this site: Federal Work-Study and non-Work-Study.

Federal Work-Study jobs are only available to U-M Ann Arbor undergraduate and graduate students who have applied for financial aid and been awarded Federal Work-Study funding.

All non-Work-Study jobs are available to all U-M Ann Arbor students.

*U-M Flint and U-M Dearborn students should refer to their respective schools for employment opportunties.

Find a Job

Find a job by searching available jobs, then apply online or contact employers for interviews.

Note: Applying for jobs online does NOT guarantee you will be granted an interview or be hired.

Telefund Now Hiring

Steps to be Hired

Before starting your job search, go to the Wolverine Access > Student Business page and complete the U-M Student Temporary Employment Application.

Once you have been offered a job, you must complete the materials for hiring to be officially hired for the job. Please be prepared to complete all required employment forms.

Required Forms

  1. Federal Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
    The Form I-9 is simple to complete. You must present an original document or documents that establish your identity and employment eligibility. Please review the back side of the I-9 form for all acceptable documents.
  2. Direct Deposit Authorization
    Direct Deposit is the University’s recommended method of delivering your paycheck. Your paycheck is deposited directly into your bank account, and you can access your pay stubs from any computer using Wolverine Access > Student Business.
  3. W-4 Tax (Federal and Michigan Tax Withholding)
    Upon hire, the University assumes a Federal and Michigan tax filing status of “single with no exemptions.” If your filing or exemption status is different from this, please update the information in Wolverine Access > Student Business. Look for the Federal and Michigan W-4 links.

    In most instances, you may update your Federal W-4 information using Wolverine Access. First, follow the steps to view your W-4 information. Make changes to your Federal W-4 information and submit.

    If you are not a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, you cannot update your Federal W-4 information using the web; you must complete a hardcopy form. Both forms are available for printing from the W-4 page on Wolverine Access.
  4. Work-Study Job Certification Form
    Only complete this form if your employer is a non-University agency.


Beware of employment scams. Here are some tips to be safe:

  • If a potential employer asks you to participate in an activity that makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t do it.
  • A potential, legitimate employer will not request your bank account, credit card or Paypal account number or other information.
  • Avoid sending copies of your identification or Social Security number to an unknown person.
  • Phishing alert information.
Recently posted jobs
Communications Assistant
Outreach Intern (Research Assistant I) Job Summary:Zero to Thrive is seeking a part-time ...
Description: Concordia University Ann Arbor is seeking a talented and passionate film crew to docume...
Research Assistant I
Program Evaluation Intern University of Michigan School of Education Center for Education Design, Ev...